Greetings.  Two Writing Centre positions at UNBSJ have just been
advertised.
1.  Writing Centre Consultant
    The Consultant is responsible for assisting students in all
disciplines and faculties to improve their writing.
    Requirements for this position are a Master's degree in a
discipline where writing and communication are emphacized and a
minimum of two years of experience tutoring
adults in writing,  OR an equivalent combination of training and
experience.  The incumbent must have the ability to work
with students effectively, one-on-one, and to communicate confidently
and clearly in classroom and committee environments.
    This full-time(36.25 HPW) renewable term position(Sept.-April) in
the Administrative, Professional and Technical employment group has a
salary range of $29,191-$36,492 per annum. Salary will be pro-rated
for the term.
    Applications, including resume, for competition #011-99.00 should
be submitted by June 21, 1999, to:
        Financial and Administrative Services
           University of New Brunswick, Saint John
           P.O. Box 5050
           Saint John, New Brunswick E2L 4L5

2.  Writing Centre Assistant

    The Writing Centre Assistant provides individual writing tutoring
to students in the context of their assignments in all disciplines.
    The sucessful candidate will have a Master's degree in a field in
which writing and communication are emphacized.  The candidate should
demonstrate the ability to write clearly and effectively, articulate
what constitutes good writing, critique drafts, develop positive
relationships with individual students, and work in a team
environment.
    This part-time(20 HPW) term position (Oct.4-Dec.3, 1999 and Jan.31-
April 12, 2000) is in the Administrative, Professional and Technical
employment group. The salary range is $15.05-$15.56 per hour.
    Applications, including resume, for competition #014-99.00 should
be submitted by June 21, 1999, to
        Financial and Administrative Services
        University of New Brunswick, Saint John
        P.O. Box 5050
        Saint John, N.B. E2L 4L5

        See also website:  http://www.unb.ca/postings

Note: these 2 positions report to me(do not replace me!)

You might also wish to take a look at our newly constructed(still
unfinished) Writing Centre website: www.unbsj.ca/stu_serv/write.htm

Best wishes!
Roberta Lee
Supervisor, Writing Centre