hi all

At 16:40 1999/06/04 -0400, pam wrote:
>Janet
>I am new to this mail system and am confused about the numbers
>after the names.  I would guess that yours means you are
>52 now (41dx ) and 37 at onset.  Some numbers after names
>read: 52/45/76.  Can you give me some information on them.
>Thanks  Pam Robillard  [log in to unmask]

you guessed mine right!

way back in 1996 i think it was
norm ichiyen, our cyber-sibling in etobicoke, who suggested
a two-number-age-ID code to help with communication and understanding

at that time
it was suggested as 'age now' and 'how many years since diagnosis':
i.e 52/11

and some of us toed the line
and some didn't

then way back in 1998, i bleeve it was, or was it late 1997?
when ivan the curious
chivvied us into starting up a 'tv-ready-list' of those members
prepared to take their tremors to the tv cameras
should the opportunity arise

[ono - something else i want to post in the wwwinnebago]

somewhere around that time
the idea of the 3-age-ID-code popped up
since so many of us seemed to have symptoms long before diagnosis
[as per kathy's and wendy's stories even nowadays]

the code meaning was explained in detail on the tv-ready-list
since consistency was important

and some of us toed the line
and some didn't

and some of us still toe that line to this day
and some of us don't

so the short answer to your question in re: 52/45/76 is:
i dunno!
who was the message from? let's ask them!
i could attempt to hazard a guess but it makes my brain hurt

janet

janet paterson
52 now: 41 dx: 37 onset
Mail address:  PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
Web-site:  http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]