   To Ivan-you're absolutely right re: un- and under- diagnosed PD. I'm
a nurse, work with medical professionals, and (now I realize) had PD
for YEARS before it was diagnosed. And I'm a medical professional with
access to adequate health insurance. Think about the countless poor,
elderly, uninformed, and uninsured out there...It took my teen-age son
saying, "Mom, I think you have Parkinson's Disease" to get me skipping
off merrily to the neurologist-no, that's a lie-by that point I could
barely walk, let alone skip. I am also a Catholic and believe that the
Pope would make a wonderful advocate for PD, but I don't think he'll do
it. I don't even think he's being trated for the disease and seems to
be offering up the pain and dicomfort of this miserable disease as some
sort of penance. Correct me if I'm wrong.
                                 Carole 53/51/?455