Dear Sharon,

I have had the surgery you speak of but with delightful results but I have
a friend who had the similar surgery and is now left speechless, can't walk
or swallow, he must use a feeding tube.

Needless to say there is a variety to the results of surgery.  If you would
like to read my story you will find it on the enclosed web page. I hope as
time goes on Bob will continue to improve. Not everyone has the same
outcome.

>Hello,
>     My Name is Sharon & I have joined this list for my Best Friend, Bob, who
>has Parkinson's & is having trouble utilizing his computer due to this. He is
>74 yrs. old & was diagnosed 6 yrs. ago. He is taking Sinemet 25/100 6 times a
>day & Requip 1mg. 4 times a day. He asked me to tell you that he has tried
>about every medication available, including Tasmar, which was effecting his
>liver, so he had to stop. On April 6th, he had the Thalamic Stimulation
>surgery. He was in surgery for 13 hr. & according to Dr., he is still
>recovering.
>     What we would like to know is if there are anyone here who has had this
>surgery & could enlighten him on his or her progress? He seems to be in worse
>condition then prior to the surgery. His legs ache & he has trouble walking.
>His voice is troubling him as it is difficult for him to talk at times. His
>right hand is still trembling & his right leg is worse.
>     We would very much appreciate any & all information. We THANK YOU in
>advance for any & all help.
>Sincerely,
>     Bob & Sharon
>PS: If you received this twice, I apologize. I sent it yesterday, but never
>saw it or received any response, so I figured I had done something wrong &
>tried again

jjjane
http://www.geocities.com/soho/village/6263/pienet/people/hithross.html