hi all

At 22:57 1999/06/06 -0400, hilary wrote:
> What does "TV-ready' mean?
> This is a question which has been bothering me since I waas
> originally one of the earliest members of  this list . Yes I
> have been on television and radio. Was I ready? I don't know!
> I have recieved praise for my 'performance' yet I feel totally
> inadequate; that I did not get my point across. Ivan Suzman,
> the founder and originator of this list, IS TV ready, He knows
> what to say and how to say it. There are others who are also
> good at handling interviewers. Maybe they could give some tips
> to the rest of us? Hilary Blue

my dear hilary

"ready" might be a short-form for "ready, willing, and able"

i believe that your feeling "inadequate" and in need of "some tips"
may be caused by some of those negative "yatta yatta" monkeys
[we all have them in our heads
giving us a running "doubting thomas" commentary on all that happens
to us or around us]

i know you received praise for your performance on tv;
i read some of the messages
from some pretty bright people on this list

why not give the writers of those messages more credence
than those yammering monkeys?

what the heck do they know anyway?
what the heck have they ever done?
where the heck have they ever been?

they are like the hear no, see no, speak no, evil trio
"my mind is made up; don't bother me with the truth"

they are un-fun-house mirrors reflecting
fear and longing and haunting

they cower in the presence of the sparkling energy and spirit
that is inside all of us
no exceptions

given enough air-time
they can even put the brakes on and grind us down to a slow halt

given the air-time they deserve
in other words nada, zip, zilch, niente, richts, rien, NONE
we can put the pedal to the metal and hit our own unique cruising speed
no problemmo

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
Postal: PO Box 171, Almonte, Ontario, K0A 1A0, Canada
WebUrl: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
E-mail: [log in to unmask]