My grandmother (83) has recently been diagnosed with possible
Parkinson's
disease. My mother is taking her to the Neurologist this next week. I
need to
find out what to expect and what the best way to care for her is. My
mother
was handicapped in a car wreck back in 1988 but she can still get
around. I
have to try and help her care for my grandmother.

Grandma has a twitch in her left hand and will sometimes stare vacantly.
She
has also complained of trouble swallowing but this comes and goes.
(Dr.'s checkup
showed no problems). She seems to be fairly coherent most of the time
and can
carry on conversation. She does get confused easily and prefers a set
routine.

I live about a 30 minute drive from them (thank goodness) but I told my
mother that
within the next two years it might be better if we tried to find a place
where we can
build/buy houses that are next to one another so that I (and my family)
can continue
to help. Am I doing the right thing?

I hope this helps any information you can give would be fantastic.

Cindy