> As your mother is not taking any medications at this time,
> protein won't

It isn't my Mother (56), it's my Grandmother (83). My mom is taking care of
Grandma (her mother) but since she is partially handicapped due to a car
wreck back in 1988, Mom depends on me to help her with some decisions. I
guess things have kind of spilled over to my generation. I had mentally
prepared myself for taking care of my Mom (especially after Dad died in
1994) but I'm in kind of shock about adding my Grandma to the list.

On the side, I feel so guilty for resenting my Mom & Grandma. I've got a
husband, 3 kids & a full-time career but I also feel responsible for their
health and well-being and sometimes I really resent it because their needs
cross over into my life and it is slowly but surely altering mine and my
family's lives. I guess I'm lucky really, my husband says that when the time
comes, we'll just have to get a place where we can put Mom & Grandma in
their own place. Us in a place and his mom in a place (his mom recently had
a mild stroke), So that we can be there for all of them.

Sorry to be so whiney.