On Sun 06 Jun, Kathryn Saupp wrote:
> After exasperating tests etc. I too was put on sinemet right away.
> Basically I was of the opinion if sinemet "fixed" it; it was Parkinson's and
> that sinemet doesn't fix anything else.  After 2 weeks on sinemet most of my
> symptoms disappears.  After about 2 years the dyskinesias began.  I've read
> sinemet doesn't fix all kinds of PD, but does sinemet have any effect on
> someone not PWP?

Hello Kathryn, I am puzzled by your Question: You have told us about a classic
test where you proved that you have PD. Then you tell us that after 2 years
on Sinemet , you started getting dyskinesias. Your question seems to suggest
that you are hoping that this means that you have not got PD.

The following points come to mind:
  1/ You still have PD
  2/ If you are getting Dyskinesias after only 2 years, you are taking far
too much Sinemet. cut it back unil you get some tremor, and take it from
there.

Regards,

--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>