George Lussier wrote........
Dear Colleagues,
   I'm involved with the Commission on Disability in Acton,
   Massachusetts
and have accepted the challenge of helping to design and build a
braille Trail in our town's Arboretum. The Internet has some
information but very little on design and construction.I wonder if
anyone on this list has a working knowledge of braille trails or knows
someone who does. Please let me know if you do.
 thanks
   George

Hi George,
There are a lot of sites on the Internet to look at .........

Google is probably the best search engine around although Infind is
often more focussed so I tried them both using the phrases......

braille trail

http://www.google.com/

1336 hits

braille trails

http://www.google.com/

823 hits

http://www.infind.com

a dozen or so sites

Both search engines give you this one (in your backyard!)

http://www.capecod.net/ccdad/acclib.html

try the phrase   constructing braille trails  (using Google)
http://www.ncd.gov/publications/wilderness.html
An oldie but lots of names to search out for info......

Others.........
http://www.handilinks.com/cat1/b/18997.htm
http://www.handilinks.com/cat1/b/35279.htm
http://www.brailleplanet.org