Brian

I am a new member of the parkinsnfamily. My name is Annie and I live in
South Africa. I was diagnosed 6 years ago and have been on sinemet ever
since.
From the beginning I was very suspious about the intake of sinemet.
My neurologist changed my medication very often; it seemed to me that he was
more interested in the result of the medication than in me as patient.
He is gone now and I am on my own.
Since 5 weeks I am on the Dutch list as well. So  I had the insight in a lot
of medicationpatrons from other Parkinsoniuns.
I was on 7x sinemet 100 mg and 1/2 x sinemet CR 200 mg plus 6 Permax 0,05
mg. I changed that to 5x sinemet 100mg and 1/2 x sinemet CR 200 mg plus 4
Permax o,25 mg.
My off-periodes after intake are a little longer now, sometimes 1 1/2 hour.
The curious thing is  that I , when I get up in the morning, usually 4.30 I
manage to be good   around for three hours without any medicine. That is the
time I am really my old self. The intake of the medicine helps me a lot by
being quicker and younger, but those off-times are very anoying.
I was in a bad state when I was diagnosed 6 years ago. It felt to me that my
back was broken at three places, my neck, my midback en my lowerback.
I feel much better now, but I am also using alternative medicine by example
aromatherapy, massage, herbs and meditation for relaxation.The dentist also
removed all my metal fillings replacing it for plastic ones. That is now two
years ago , and my health is really improving.
My question to you is: how can I reduce my intake of sinemet without any
harm. Is it perhaps better to mix with homeopathic medicine?

Annie