Ida and Andre
I had bilateral pallidotomies, six months apart in 1996 and I have had
ongoing speech problems, in the form of low volume and a tendency to slur.
Both problems were worse immediately following the second and they improved
with time.  Now, neither problem is severe but they are bothersome.   They
also tend to come and go--i.e., I have good and bad speech days.  In spite of
this, I would do the second pal again--the improvements after the second pal
were much more dramatic than after the first--more than twice as good.  Good
luck.
Marty Polonsky