Carole wrote:
 I am also a Catholic and believe that the
>Pope would make a wonderful advocate for PD, but I don't think he'll do
>it.

We are also Catholic.  Every time the Pope makes a public appearance he
advances the cause of Parkinson's Disease - simply because he continues to
function physically and intellectually.  If he appears frail, it is to our
advantage.  People who appear so aren't necessarily incapable profound
influence - and whether list members support the Pope or not, it certainly
is obvious that he has that influence.

It would probably be more advantageous for Catholic list members to contact
their individual diocese in an effort to increase attention to PD.  The
Pope, for all of his responsibilities in regard to world concerns, is out of
range of this one I believe - there are simply too many other advocacy
groups who would be demanding that he bring their issues to the front if he
was to give preferential treatment to PD.
------
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 40/59)