Brian Collins wrote

> Hello Dennis; You are right - up to a point, and there may be a
correlation
> between size of dose and rate of degenertion of the brain. However, don't
> forget that the brain has made its way down to 30% of cells remaining with
> -out any help from levodopa tablets, so this effect of mine will be yet
> another small contributor.

Thanks Brian,

I agree the effect will be small, however it occurs to me that if it is too
small to be detected it is too small to worry about.  If, on the other hand,
taking too much levodopa in the early stages is going to speed up the
progress of PD by a measurable (and therefore significant) amount, I would
think it is in the interest of us all, patients and doctors alike, to know
so.  A study such as the one I suggested would  establish whether or not the
effect exists.

Perhaps if we all raised the subject with our doctors every time we saw them
we could eventually get a ground swell effect going and someone, somewhere,
will do the necessary work.

Dennis.