-----Original Message-----
From: Pat McGinnis <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, June 01, 1999 3:15 PM
Subject: Thermostat problems

>I have been experiencing problems with my internal thermostat.  I am hot
>most all the time, I can feel that it is cool around me, but I sweat and I
>am  very uncomfortable most of the time.  I am wondering if any one else
has
>had this problem and if so what is a solution.  If I was a woman I would
>guess I was going thru a change of life, but I am a 51 male.   My
>neurologist unexpectedly quit and I am looking for a new one, until I find
>one I am looking for any  help I can find.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Pat McGinnis  51/12
>Dear Pat--
I do not have much to offer along the line of coping with a somewhat similar
case I have. My problems involve both feeling too hot and sweating my bed
clothes damp at night and being extremely sensitive to any drafts in that I
do not tolerate air conditioning very well. In fact. It is another instance
of trying to live on that delicate edge beween having sufficient
carbidopa/levodopa to control symptoms and less than the amount that brings
on  dyskinesias.This has been a problem since earl;y  in the course of the
disease( 69, dx some 16 years ago) I think it may have ameliorated some when
I changed from Parlopdel to Permax and I might be getting a little more
relief from Tasmar.
             I hope we get some response from others who have good methods
of coping with thermostat problems
Best Wishes, Bill Olson  69/dx 1983..