dear janet
       i would like to share this tribute to a great husband and father with
all the ladies who have been as lucky in having a husband as good as mine.i
found this in the newspaper about 30 years ago and had my artistic uncle
make a copy on parchment that i hung in our living room.so many people have
asked for a copy that i have handed out copies every fathers day.even with
pd my dear guy managed to put up a basketball board so our grandchildren can
practice when they visit.we are lucky that all of our 7 adult offspring live
within a 2 hour drive and see us pretty often.
    back to tribute

                           LITANY FOR A BELOVED HUSBAND

   mender of toys,leader of boys,                    wiper of noses,pruner
of roses,
   changer of fuses,kisser of bruises              singer of songs.righter
of wrongs,

  BLESS HIM,DEAR LORD                             GUIDE HIM. O LORD

mover of couches,soother of ouches,           hanger of screens,counceller
of teens,
pounder of nails, teller of tales.                      fixer of
bikes,chastiser of tykes,

REWARD HIM,O LORD.                                 HELP HIM,O LORD

raker of leaves,cleaner of eaves,                  changer of tires,builder
of fires.
dryer of dishes,fulfiller of wishes,                   beloved end of my
desires

GUARD HIM,O LORD                                     BLESS HIM,O LORD

               connie tate