hi all

five months ago:

our list-family suffered a trauma and a loss
joe, a friend of one of our listmembers, died of 'unknown' causes

two months ago, joe's friend judith wrote:

>I sent Joe's story to the editor of the new magazine the
>Parkinson Post, but some of the board members vetoed it
>because they thought it would frighten people. It had
>already been published in our local paper, and I know
>it is being sent around the world because list members
>have asked permission to use it...

i agree with the pfc board members that it may 'frighten' people

fear is healthy
if it acts as a catalyst to action and furthering knowledge

fear is dangerous
if it results in censoring or muffling vital information

this month:

i have chosen this [ethereal] means of fulfilling my promise to myself
as the most effective way of 'spreading the word'
as far as it can go

joe's story: a PIEnet message thread
<http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/pienet/joestory/index.html>

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
Postal: PO Box 171, Almonte, Ontario, K0A 1A0, Canada
WebUrl: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
E-mail: [log in to unmask]