Thank you so much for all your responses.

I've called one of the 800 numbers that someone sent to get some free
literature on Parkinson's.

I guess I do sound a little panicy but I'm the type I want all the
information that I can get so that I am prepared for what is to happen or
try and counteract inferior treatment.

I guess I started when a teacher suggested that I might want to get my son
checked for ADHD and it was suggested I put him on Ritalin. Well, to make a
long story short, it has been like night/day with him. But I do have to
monitor what he eats, weight gain, tolerence etc. I read every book I could
find, talked with the patient education dept of 2 hospitals, my doctor.

I'm following the same basic procedure here.  From the information I have
learned so far...it seems that Parkinsons is more of a condition than a
disease that has to be maintained (depending on the severity) through
medicine and diet, as well as adjusting the person's environment to help
him/her live life to the fullest at what ever stage they are at.

Am I too far off base?

Cindy