At 12:03 PM 6/10/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Dear Brian:   Thanks for the detailed info about Sinimet.  I will certainly
>study it
>thoroughly and hopefully come up with some clues about what will work best
>for
>Judd against the  chronic dyskinesia he is now plagued more with.   There are
>so
>many darned variables to this formula it really can drive a person to
>craziness! but
>information as you provide can make the process feel so much more
hopeful.....
>         The main change we are attempting right now is to remove the
>Cogentin from
>his mix altogether, since he has been on it for over l2 years and is down to
>lmg/day.
>Am I right in my perceptions that "tremor" is distinctly different from
>"dyskinsia"?
>The "pill rolling tremor " he has had since day one, and the Cogentin has
>always
>effectively eliminated it from being a problem- but about four years ago he
>started
>experiencing a "rolling" in his legs and jaw that seems to be a dyskinesia I
>finally
>found out (on our own, as usual) could be a result of long term Sinimet
>usage.  He
>had been on Sinimet st for about 7 yrs when it first showed up and the Neuro
>in
>Arkansas agreed to prescribe Sinimet CR for him (at our inquiry about it).
>He's been on CR for about 4 years now but the intermittent episodes are
>gradually being
>more of a problem to him so we requested an agonist which is how we got the
>Bromocriptine prescribed.  We're up to 20mg/day now and things aren't
>changing
>much.  Perhaps we do need to "fine tune" the Sinimet but I've been reluctant
>to do
>too much changing too fast.  Any suggestions anyone can give will be greatly
>appreciated since few definitive answers ever come from the Dr. and the last
>time
>we saw him he put our appointment interval to a six month rather than a 3
>month
>time so we don't see him until Aug. again.
>        The last reduction we tried of Sinimet (to 600mg/day) resulted in
>what we
>think was a sever episode of dystonia.  So we keep muddling on........
>         By the way, I hope I told Joao, in Brazil, right , that you had done
>the survey
>on Agonists a while back?  I'm  subject to remember wrong and things are so
>"busy" around here lately, I didn't take time to research it before I said
>it.......I want
>to interact with the list more, but been lurking mostly lately, and staying
>behind.....
>          Thanks -
>                                Marie in Texas

> [...]
all.However, our good Doctor has an idea. We alternate 25/200 with 10/100
during the day. I think it helped. Dr. was thinking of less carbidopa.
        Also, from the Oregon Medical School's Dr. John Nutt was the idea of a
Tums when you take each dose. Tums enhances medications. Two friends who
are RN'' recalled that from their studies and hadn't thought of it since,
said oone.
Regards, Thea Lou Seese CG Gordon 71/21