Shortly after John Bjork's posting about AgeNet on 6 June, there was a hue
and cry about that posting - for what I believe was the wrong reason.  In
fact I commend John for posting it - and for the disclaimer that he used -
but he did it the wrong way.

There is nothing wrong with posting  false information to the list.  (of
course, there's nothing right about it either) - as all of us know that the
list contains much deceiving, outdated, false information, and we sort it
out with each others' help.  I'm not accusing AgeNet of being any of these,
but if it were, it would just be so much chaff to separate from the wheat.

There is nothing wrong with discussing a product or service that somebody
somewhere may make money on or referring to such a person  or company's
website.  Most of the websites on the World Wide Web were placed there for
commercial purposes.  But we zealously guard this list against becoming
anybody's commercial tool.

Maybe I missed it, but I'm surprised that nobody else caught this point:

What is wrong is the fact that HTML material was sent to the list.  Many of
our listmembers have e-mail clients that cannot handle HTML, and we have
made as effort to restrict the list to plain text for that reason.  Had the
posting about AgeNet been in plain text, in would have been less obtrusive
and it would not have stirred up as much dust.

So let this serve as a reminder.....

Art

 Arthur Hirsch {} [log in to unmask] {} Lewisville, TX {} 972-434-2377
 (nickname on instant mail, ICQ, and chat programs is cutterson)

   PAN Forum, other photos, and my approach to links:
         http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/farley/817/