hi all

At 11:20 1999/06/14 -0500, charlie wrote, in part:
>...I disagree with Janet that you ought to consider dumping your MD
>if he didn't know about that as a symptom of PD however.  If he
>is otherwise competent. it is a common although largely unwritten
>about symptom that can and does occur...

i don't think it's largely unwritten about
there are over 100 pubmed studies going as far back as 1980
in the major neurological journals
describing olfactory problems as an important symptom of pd
[maybe one of the earliest indicators]

i may have been a tad impatient in my reaction in re the neurologist;
all the testing and scans that norma endured needlessly
may have been ordered by someone else

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
a new voice http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/