-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Charles T. Meyer, M.D. <[log in to unmask]>
Aan: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Datum: vrijdag 11 juni 1999 2:57
Onderwerp: Dyskinesia and STN

Hi Charlie,

>> severe dyskinesia even without meds (except requip) <<

Agonists can NOT cause dyskinesia, l-dopa can.
To fast withdrawal of l-dopa can also give dyskinesia.
How much requip did you use before the STN?
How much now?
How much Sinemet before the STN?
How much now?

>> as my STN Stimulator has been turned up. <<
Both sides?
And how much of which meds are you told to take less for compensation?

>> I presume this is a withdrawal from the requip <<

NO. That would cause IMO cramps and OFF.

>> ( I have taken only about 1000 mg total of Sinemet <<

A day, I presume?

>> he feels it is part of a withdrawal from sinemet or Requip.? <<

Sinemet.
Or still too much Sinemet compared with the too high upturned stimulator.

Hans.