Porky Porkinson the Parkinson Pig has a weight problem! The poor fellow has
put on so much weight he can barely drag himself around. ANd now he gets tired
so easily. WE went last night to the monthly meeting of our support group. As
expected there was a large turnout  - Dr SIgmund, founder of the group, and
very popular neurologist in the capital area was giving her lecture on what's
new in Parkinson's medication - plus a pretty thorough description of what is
PD and what are the latest theories and hopes for a cure etc. At the start, it
was still a bit light to show slides , so Porky grabbed the opportunity to
take center stage.  ANd then he went on a tour of all the tables. By the time
he completed the circuit and came back to me he was groanig in discomfort. I
don't know which is worse,  he said - th ose metallic coins leave an awful
taste, but those folded dollars make my throat dry .
"porky", i admonished him. " That's the price of fame - if you are going to be
popular and collect lots of PENNIES FOR PARKINSON'Syoundromegoing to fill up."
"i know" he sniffed, "but that doesn't mean I'm going to be comfortable with it"
I couldn't believe my ears. After all that enthusiasm, al''l I washearing now
was complaints.  ANd th en another, slightly paler, softer pink face appeared.
IT was Porquetta. Give Porky a break, she said. Next time, I'll go out with
you, and he can stay home and grumble.

Hilary Blue (on behalf of Porky Porkinson  Parkinson'  Pig}