Hi Beth,

I feel that this nurturing reaction IS more of a female
response..  In my own case, I have had a long, rocky road to learn
how to inspire others despite my pain, and to be, as often as I can be, a
role
model.  So I put on my heroic face for the public as much as possible.

My nurturing side comes out when other men and women who
are in distress ask me to listen to them--we often commisserate and
then end up becoming closer friends.

Ivan
:- )

Am I a "bloke?" I enjoy so much the  Australian
words that are in use on the opposite side of the globe.