-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Paul Myhre
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 1999 6:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Persistent Abnormal Smells

My name is Norma Myhre and new to the PARKINSN list.  I started having
tremors 3 1/2 - 4 years ago and was diagnosed with PD this past March.  I am
a participant in a 2 year study and I am taking either Sinemet or
Ropinirole.  The tremors seem to be mostly under control but am having
trouble with cramping in my arms, hands and slightly in the legs, sleepless
nights and achiness.  Thank you all for sharing information on these
problems and others.

I have an odd problem in that I have experienced a persistent abnormal smell
for the last 2 1/2 years.  No one  in the family, friends, and especially
those who claim to have a very keen sense of smell can detect the odor.
After CAT scans, x-rays and other tests of the sinuses and nostrils, I was
told it was something I probably will have to live with.  I even went to a
hypnotist without any help.  Very frustrating!  In reading the "The PDF
NEWS" Fall/Winter 1998-1999 issue under "Mary's Mailbag" on page 14 there is
an article "What's That Smell?".   It says "We've heard from some PWPs
who've lost their sense of smell, from others who complain of persistent
abnormal smells, .........".  Last Monday I sent an e-mail to the PDF
Organization asking for help but have not heard from them.  I have also
asked for help from the neurologist but to no avail.

Any information or referrals you might have will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Norma

E-Mail Address:  [log in to unmask]

P.S.  Barbara Patterson - Thank you for your "Welcome" message.