My husband, Bob, has PD.
The first time he filled out the application for SSDI.  It was denied.
The second time he applied, I filled out the application.  It was approved.
If you have someone who lives with you I think they can give a much clearer picture of what the PWPs limitations are.  It is probably just human nature for a person to try to appear normal.

Even in the initial stages of PD (at our house), I noticed that Bob was incapable of an 8 hour workday.  How can someone who has a neurological disease be expected to perform healthy for 8 hours?  Impossible.  That is what I tried to convey on the SSDI application.  At certain times during an 8 hour period he would require help, getting up, writing, walking, answering the phone, whatever.  That is the truth.  How can someone who is sick act like someone who is healthy for an 8 hour work day?  You must explain to SSDI the basics.  Impossible to sit for long periods, sometimes impossible to walk at a normal rate, impossible to type or write sometimes, sometimes requiring help in the bathroom, etc.  SSDI must get a clear picture otherwise they don't see what PD does to a person.

Jackie