-----Original Message-----
From: Constance Tate <[log in to unmask]>
To: kathy mathews. <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Saturday, June 12, 1999 3:54 PM
Subject: greetings

hi kathy
   just a few words to see how you are coming along.fair weather friends have a tendancy to wonder how to alter their feelings toward someone with an illness,it rather reminds me of the way single friends are at a before.also over the years i have watched couples ignore after even best friends get married and the single ones think they are now not interested in the same topics that were theirs before.the same with widows- former freinds drop them so they don't have to deal with an odd person and are afrid to tell the widow she can bring acompanion to even  things out.
  we humans are a funny lot so you have to have a sense of humor to survive what fate hands us.as long as we can find some little absurbity to laugh at even if it is at ourselves we will prevail.
  up here in our mountains the trees are green and the dogwood are as large and pretty as can be.there really is no better place to live than anywhere in so cal keep your chin up.lets keep in touch
   connie