Dear Dr. Meyer:

I am writing to you (and have copied the list) because you are very
knowledgable and have been most helpful to many members of the list.  I have
recently been diagnosed with PD by a neurologist but something doesn't seem
right.

I have been prescribed 2x100mg of Amantadine (since January) and this seems
to help me move better and I no longer have heavy-duty headaches at the back
of my head near the base of my skull.  This is good.  However, since mid-may
I also am taking 1/2 Sinemet 100/10 twice a day but this doesn't seem to be
doing anything.  It was supposed to help me regain the use of my right hand
but so far not so good.

Do you (or anyone) have any idea what might be causing the Sinemet to have
no noticeable effect.  The neurologist assigned to me said it could take a
couple of weeks before the Sinemet does anything,  but it's been longer than
that and still no results.  He also told me not to increase the dosage
(why?).  I'm curious about what to expect the drug to do, does it restore
mobility fully or partially for a while, it there a minimum required dose to
do anything at all.

Anyway, if you or anyone can help, I'd like to hear from you.

Personal details:  41yrs old, male, diagnosed 1999, problems since 1992

Gilles Cloutier