DO NOT HIT REPLY.
If you wish to respond, send me an E-mail off-list at [log in to unmask]

If you use or have tried alternative therapies for the treatment of
Parkinson's disease, I would like to hear from you.

I am researching ways that "alternative" therapies may be helpful to people
with Parkinson's. My goal is to write a book or a series of articles on the
subject. At this point I am seeking anecdotal reports from individuals who
use or have tried alternative approaches to treating Parkinson's. I am
interested in all alternative approaches: a few examples are acupuncture,
botanical or herbal therapies, mind/body medicine (guided imagery and other
approaches), and physical manipulation such as massage.

I am a health psychologist and have coordinated the American Parkinson
Disease Association Information & Referral Center at the University of
Arizona since February 1992. I have approached the University's Integrative
Medicine Program, headed by Andrew Weil, MD, about collaborating on a more
formal study of alternative approaches to the treatment of Parkinson's.
"Integrative" medicine combines conventional and alternative approaches.

Your responses will help guide this proposed investigation. Please describe
your experiences to me (good and bad). I would appreciate a phone number
too, because I will conduct telephone interviews in late July.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. All responses will be
acknowledged, but not until mid-July, because I will be out of town for
three weeks.

REMEMBER, DO NOT HIT REPLY. CONTACT ME OFF-LIST at [log in to unmask]

Cynthia A. Holmes, PhD
APDA Information & Referral Center
2501 E. Elm Street
Tucson, AZ 85716
Phone: (520) 326-5400 or 1 (800) 541-4960
FAX: (520) 326-8591
Email: [log in to unmask]