Linda,

     Sounds as though you're venting your frustration.  Don't you realize that's
what Gina was doing?  Feels good doesn't it?!

From: Linda Potter <[log in to unmask]> on 06/15/99 10:32 PM GMT

Please respond to "Parkinson's Information Exchange"

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:    (bcc: Edward W Raasch Jr/GDIS/GDYN)
Subject:  Re: Travel No More/Beaten - Long Piece

Life is short - eat dessert first!
Yours in faith that a cure will be found-
Linda Potter 50/49dx'd
       Well, I can't stand it  anymore! This travel thing is a
person-to-person issue, as to how we react to it. Some hate it, some love
it , some tolerate it - to each his own!  We cannot change other people's
attitudes, only the person can do that. Personally, I find that my time
spent at an airport is great for people watching. And if one sees another
having a difficult time, why not offer to help?  Sure, things don't
always go right ( boy, don't we Parkies know that! ), but one must make
the best of a bad situation. My life is too precious to waste on
something that will soon pass or has already passed. We should learn from
our past experiences, and continue on from there. And if one is the
person having a difficult time, why not ask for help? You'd be surprised
at the reaction from others. I am in the process of getting organized for
a trip in 6 days from an airport I've never been in, to ann airport I've
never been in. With a husband, I might add, who can't ever find the
tickets and other papers we need, and my 9 yr. old grandson who has never
flown .Sound like fun? Well, let's tack on the fact that we are going to
Disneyworld - a great place for a Parkie whose left leg doesn't work half
the time! And yet, I'm looking forward to this trip as the adventure of
my life so far - whether it be good or bad, at least I'm still alive and
kicking ( sort of ), and ,God willing, I will survive this with memories
I'll cherish forever - even the bad ones if there are any. Maybe it's
just me, but  I hopefully will be able to laugh about things that happen.
To those who have had nothing good happen to them, I'm sorry. NOTHING
GOOD HAPPENED? Wow.  I remember a little thing we used to do at the
supper table when the kids were in school - everybody had to tell the
rest one good thing that  happened that day. We maybe should continue to
do that even though we're all grown up. Just a thought!
                                                                    Linda