Janet P. hit the nail on the head, I think.  I too would like to travel,
and often regret that Peter no longer can.  It's the pits, but we're in
this together, and as Janet said, your mother will have to accept the
limitations and live with them. Not fun, not easy, just necessary to face
reality.  Remember that CGs can be in denial just like PWPs!  Peter often
says that neither I nor others in the family understand what it't like for
him, because WE DON'T HAVE PD ! I wonder, Ally, if you would consider
joining CARE, where you might get help especially from other CGs that you
could share with her?
Think about it---

>>She wants them to see the world before the PD really starts to become
>>a problem. And I can understand that. She feels like they're in a "lull"
>>and she's desperate to get out...
>
>but at what price?
>
>her world is changing
>no doubt about it
>she will have to change too
>
>i'll betchha this is more about dad's pd
>[and impendiinng 'doom']
>than any
>TRIP

>janet paterson

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "