What about renting a motorhome?  Would make it much easier on him.

From: Ally Deale <[log in to unmask]> on 06/16/99 07:54 PM GMT

Please respond to "Parkinson's Information Exchange"

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:    (bcc: Edward W Raasch Jr/GDIS/GDYN)
Subject:  Re: TRIP

Oh, How I wish I could. You don't know my mother, though. They're going. He's
communicated his feelings...and I mine...but she feels it will be good for
them. If he refuses and just stays home, well he won't because she wouldn't
go...and then there would be a world of guilt. He won't do that to her
because he knows how much she wants to go. Especially my dad...he's a born
worrier about everything, and for the last couple years it's only been
getting worse. He worries about me speeding, driving, walking, being too
cold, too hot, about my son...and everyone else in my 22-person family. So,
driving across country has got to be an enormous stress on him. But, the
plans are in stone, and my mother will not change her mind (believe me.)

In a message dated 6/16/99 3:46:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,