hi all

At 14:22 1999/06/16 -0700, rick wrote:
>Janet, I gotta laugh at your statement:
>
>>men dont like to go to doctors
>>they dont like to admit to 'weakness'
>
>Especially in this "enlightened" age when men would be tarred and feathered
>for making an analogous generalization about women.
>
>You were being tongue-in-cheek maybe?
>
>Rick

the short answer to your question is
nope, not at all!!!

hah!
i thought someone might notice!

in this enlightened age
tarring and feathering anyone is politically incorrect
not to mention very environmentally unfriendly
and just think of those poor plucked birds

as a qualifier,
i might have/could have/should have added:

as a generally observed "broad brush" phenomenon
[there are more shades of grey than black or white]
as a stereotype that is frequently borne out by medical experience
[viz doctors' office statistics]
as an indicator of cultural and anthropological brain-staining
[man the hunter the aggressor the non-communicator
woman the nurturer the conciliator the communicator]
etc etc...
but since i was 'off' at the time
i just went straight to the jugular!

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
a new voice http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/