At 16:37 1999/06/16 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi, Dawn - Your doc was probably referring to the
>MAO-Inhibitor, Eldepryl. Lots of dietary restrictions
>with this one and I don't know if I would give up the
>Sinement..
>                         Carole Hercun,RNC
>                            52/51/?45

nope
no dietary restrictions
not for this particular mao inhibitor
selegiline aka deprenyl aka eldepryl

it was 'new' in 1988 when i was diagnosed
i have been on it since
along with sinemet

it may have neuroprotective properties
which i am still optimistic about

it does relieve some pd symptoms
so it's good to 'start' on

the only warning - never take demerol with it - it's potentially fatal

there has been some controversy over mortality in studies done in the uk
but nothing conclusive

lots of good info in the archives and at pubmed

several long term scandinavian studies recommend it as a starter med
without any reservations

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
a new voice http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/