I think it is important to note that this drug IS an
MAO-inhibitor, and while when taken in doses that the
average PWP takes,(<10mg./day)will probably not
require dietary restrictions, it never hurts to err on
the side of caution. This is even acknowledged by the
drug company, who report,"reports of hypertensive
crisis" "associated with the ingestion of
tyramine-containing foods"(chicken liver,pickled
herring,any cheese-especially aged,soy
sauce,raisins,chocolate,many decongestants and and
weight-loss agents,  and broad beans-including FAVA.)I
have found in my practice as a psychiatric nurse that
many new drugs initially tout themselves as free of
side-effects i.e. Prozac), and as we all know, that
just isn't true.ALL DRUGS HAVE SIDE-EFFECTS. You pick
the one that helps you the most with  the side-effect
profile you can live with.  Carole Hercun,RNC