Dear Janet---thank you for the lovely poem. When Freud said dreams are a
kind of "wish fulfillment", I think he had something there....it was .a
lovely gift to us all for Father's Day

>dream dad
>
>last year
>i dreamt about my father
>[he died of throat cancer in 1977]
>we were standing side by side
>watching some major construction and earth-moving work
>going on at st. george's harbour here
>[in bermuda]
>[oh, the layers and layers of significance]
>he held his arm tightly about my waist
>we shared the thought that
>he hadn't been able to express affection physically
>he had never hugged me
>i teased him "well, it's about time, dad!"
>he acknowledged that and held me more snugly
>we stood there side by side comfortably
>watching the on-going work
>more tears on awakening
>but tears of joy
>this time

>janet paterson                               1997/09/01
>

>janet paterson
>52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
>PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
>a new voice http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/

        Camilla Hewson Flintermann              <[log in to unmask]>

                          "...everywhere I go,
                              I find that a poet
                              has been there
                              before me..."