Can any one tell me if it is possible to have a freezing episode while
taking a nap?  My husband was taking a nap while I was out at a quilt show.
 When I got back I looked in on him and he seemed to be asleep so I didn't
go in.  About 15 minutes later he was at the foot of the stairs calling
weakly for help.

He said he woke up and couldn't move.  He thought he lay there for over an
hour and then when I didn't come in willed himself with great effort to
roll onto his knees (he was lying  on the floor) and crawl to the stairs.
He was trying to pull himself to his feet when I got to him.  With the help
of my brotherinlaw we got him to a bed.  My daughter who is a nurse
practioner came in and examined and questioned him.  His tongue was thick
and he was talking very slowly.  His body movements were symetrical.  His
grip was strong.  His muscles especially at the backs of his legs were very
hard and like in a cramp.  He had a light headache and said he had had one
for several days.  My daughter thought it might have been a TIA while I am
more inclined to think it was a freezing episode although he has never had
one.

This all happened away from home.  We are back now and he is going to call
a Dr. to see if he can shed any light on what happened.  I would like to
know if anyone has had a similar experience.  I doubt that his regular
doctor will consider the freezing episode as a possibility at all.

Thanks.  Rosemary Dexter cg for Dex 75/6