Ken, Janet, and other Listfriends,

In the reply to Janet that I was mentally composing I was going to
say that differences in emphasis in the two reports of same facts,
evident right from the beginning in the titles "Fetal cells ease
life for Parkinson's patients" vs. "Fetal Cell Therapy Benefits Some
Parkinson's Patients, First Controlled Clinical Trial Shows Mixed
Results", give us quite different impressions, that a home town
version giving recognition to a local player may emphasize the
positive, and that we should be careful when drawing inferences
from reports containing lots of imprecise words like "some", "many",
and "significant" --  and "lots of," as well.  ;-)

Ken, your fine analysis of the whole background of the study and
interpretation of the results sure go way beyond that.  You're really
on the ball. Many thanks.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
age 61/dx 1990