Bruce,

Because of the seriousness of the diagnosis or lack thereof I want to qualify
my statement a bit.  If there is no sinemet response and the PET scan is
negative in terms of no decreased activity and a sinemet response is also not
present,  then PD is highly unlikely.  If either is positive then I would say
that it is equivocal.  I don't know whether the diagnosis of PD is
"officially"  sanctioned  in this way-  I will check-  but I think the chance
is quit small that the diagnosis of PD could be made in the absence of both of
these parameters.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.