In a message dated 6/16/99 9:23:21 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<
Anyway, believe it or not...this isn't the problem. My mother has planned
a...trip across country. From the east coast to the western part of Canada by
CAR...down the Rockies via train...then to Washington and down the west coast
and back to the east via car AGAIN. >>

As some of you may remember from past messages, I believe that a change of
scenery is usually good for a person but a trip like you mention would
probably be exhausting for the most robust individual.  Would they consider
taking a trip that is less tiring?  I find cruises work well for my husband.
It gives him as much activity and social life as he wants.  When my husband
is tired, the cabin is always there and he can rest.  (It also lets me be
completely waited on and pampered for a week or so!)  It took me quite a
while before I could get him to agree to a cruise -- now he wants to go more
than I do (almost).

Could you suggest an Alaskan cruise?  They could fly to Vancouver or San
Francisco and then just relax and enjoy the scenery.

Dorothy CG Roy 68/44/42