In a message dated 6/16/99 3:34:37 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< One more item on the trip, I am only 40,  and I still drive a good bit, but
long trips will made me literally scream in pain. >>

So many people have been  writing about "the trip" I hope you let us know
what has been decided and how it turns out.  The above is another reason I
suggested a cruise -- your Dad can be as active or inactive as he wishes
while your mom and others can get off the ship and tour each day.  There are
cruises in the fall up to the New England states, summer to Bermuda, fall
from Florida, New Orleans, up and down the West Coast to include Mexico, to
Hawaii and many others.   Sorry I sound like a travel agent (which I'm not).

If they do as planned,  hopefully they will make very frequent stops.  We (my
husband drove for 45 minutes) drove across country with two dogs when we
moved to the west and thoroughly enjoyed it.  The main reason we enjoyed it
so much was that we knew we wouldn't have to make the return trip back east,
and with the dogs we stopped a lot.

Keep us informed.