Listfriends -

Did anyone in the U.S. catch the CBS-TV special last night about the American
Film Institute's "top screen legends"?  The program presented list of the top 25
male and female stars (as rated by 1,800 AFI members).

I was delighted to find that long-time PWP KATHARINE HEPBURN was selected as the
#1 star!  They showed several clips from her career, including a generous bit of
the movie _On Golden Pond_, which was made after her PD symptoms had become
obvious.  (That film won numerous awards, including "1981 best actress" in both
the American and British Academy Awards.)

I don't know how everyone else feels, but I find the lady to be an inspiration!

CBS has a write-up of the show and the list at:
http://www.cbs.com/flat/story_161607.html

For what it's worth...

- Doug