-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: B. BRUCE ANDERSON <[log in to unmask]>
Aan: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Datum: vrijdag 18 juni 1999 2:29
Onderwerp: Fw: Re: PET Scans-advice requested

Hi Bruce,

Last monday I went to see a neuro specialized in PD.

In the last 6 years I have  used with hardly any positive effect the
following meds: Sinemet CR, Permax, Amantadine, Tremblex, Amytriptyline and
Ropinirol.

I am going to have a SPECT scan in about two months, because the neuro wants
to find out why I do not respond to the meds. There are two possibilities:
1) there are no or not enough receptors to respond; 2) the receptors are
there still.
If 2, he will try high(er) doses.
If 1, I have some form of Parkinsonism. But he wont go into details untill
after the scan.

BTW: tHere are two types of scans possible:
1) to determine whether or not you have PD (scan focusses on substantia
nigra)
2) to see if several other systems and/or receptors work (scan focusses more
on striatum, etc.)

Hans.