Bob, as you probably know, the more a person dislikes something, the more
they often get exposed to it, so I have seen some bad airports and some worse
ones!
One of what I thought was a nice one, in Puerto Rico, had me drag my luggage
to an out-building to be checked by th agriculture department. Then I sat
down to "dinner" which was going to be reimbursed by my employer, and all
they had left were nachos and cheese and a lettuce salad. The cheese was so
spicy it almost choked me, while I was eating, they were closing the
restaurant around me, it was 8PM on a Saturday night!  I did have two glasses
of passable wine, it didn't taste too good, but was a good disinfectant, when
I rubbed it on a small cut on my hand it bubbled like peroxide! (These are
NOT  "funny stories!!!)
Ken B