I've been asked to introduce myself as a new subscriber to the
list...my  name is Joan Hart and I was officially diagnosed with PD a
year ago last April .... Three years ago I started to take a couple of
steps backwards every now and then...with me it's more a balance and
walking  thing than a tremor...although I do have a tremor in my left
pinky sometimes....I've read ALL of the emails this past week and found
them sad, funny, scary and informtive...it's nice to know others "are
out there, too".   I have a question after reading postings from others
on how they went about determining whether or not they had a good
neurologist...before I was diagnosed I had gone to my MD many
times...when I showed up one day in tears asking "what's wrong with
me???", he referred me to a neurologist (widely known and respected in
my area) who did say I had PD....he put me on sinemet 3 times/day (not
sure what dose) and I immediately had a lot of tremors all over.   Three
days later I stopped the medicine and went back to my MD and got another
referral to a neurologist....she gave me nothing until she did a 6 month
observation ....then mirapex and now sinemet (low dose) has been added.
...still have some balance/walking problems...please, I ask for your
input on getting accurate treatment???  Regular and/or
alternative...thx!