Carole:  Pigs the world over have been excited to be involved in the
porcine fetal tissue research and actual fetal tissue transplants.
They are unanimous in their thinking that "We regret having only a few
fetal cells to give for the benefit or mankind.  They are noble
creatures, intelligent beyond compare, and make excellent pets.  Now, I
was going to save this bit of news until Sunday's View from the Lighter
Side Weekly Chronicle, but I just can't keep this to myself.  Sty-King,
which as you know was started by Chubby Labarre to enhance the image of
the pig, , is sponsoring a special occupational program for the pigs
called "Porker Putters".  Now, Porker Putters is an opportunity for any
pig in Parkinsaw to learn the rudiments of becoming a caddy for the
Parkinsaw Golf and Tennis Club.  They will be taught to carry club bags,
bring the correct club to the golfer based on a silent whistle code, and
especially to root out lost golf balls.  There's even a new invention on
the drawing board, kind of a porker side car, which attaches to a golf
cart, for the pig-caddy to ride in, should the golfer just need
assistance in finding lost balls.  The pigs are all excited about this
opportunity, and look forward to the training program.  As you know,
many  Parkinsaw pigs, i.e.those porkers born and raised there, are
skilled in providing assistance to severly disabled Parkinsonians,
performing such tasks as fetching the TV remote, brewskies,  and reading
glasses.  Some pigs have been trained to help patients roll-over in
bed.  (They just give them a friendly shove with their snouts).  Of
course, the Parcel Pigs will be featured in the Parka-Thon Celebration.
Incidently, Levolager is a fine-tasting local beer featured at the
Parkinsaw microbrewery, The Northern Lights. More details on these
developments will appear in Sunday's Chronicle.

John Bjork
Parkinsaw, MI
"Located in the State of Mind"