My mother went through a similar period of being scared, especially, last
summer during the droughts and heat of Florida.  My father, her caregiver,
would go out in the middle of the day to fuss over his thirsty lawn and she
was afraid that he would die of heat stroke.  She would then be unable to
call for help.  Eventually, she was prescribed Elavil and she no longer has
those panicky feelings.

My husband, my two boys (4 years and 1-year old), and I moved in with my
parents last fall while our new house is being built.  My mother has told me
that she feels so much safer with us here and she would prefer that we not
move out at all.

So, it is interesting to hear that your grandmother had the same fears my
mother had.

Teresa, Daughter of Mama (57/43/38)