Charlotte,

I honestly don't think not having a pill for "curing" PD is related to the financial gain of the drug
companies. While it certainly is in their financial interest to keep us dependent on their drugs the
complexity of developing a definitive treatment is immense.  In fact the drug companies are involved in
a project that  could potentially come up with a cure- neural growth factor studies which involves
implanting a pump to deliver a drug- a neural growth factor- into the brain which in theory rejuvenates
the dying cells.

While I am cynical about drug companies I think that the profit and good will  that they would see in
developing a CURE (which certainly would take more than 1 pill) far outweighs  the factor of  profits
from ongoing use- especially among the companies that don't have a significant part of the PD market or
who have patents running out.

Charlie

--
Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.