Sharon,

Thank you for the references. I think you (probably unintentionally)
make the point that I have been trying to make-  that  a physician does
not have to be incompetent to not be aware that  PD causes  alterations
in the olfactory system.  These are - except for Movement Disorders-
fairly obscure Journals.

The number of people who have gotten "unnecessary" workups also makes
the point.

 So, while it certainly is published and proven that the olfactory
alterations are PD related it is also possible for an otherwise good
neurologist to not be aware of that as a symptom of PD.

Charlie.

> Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.

Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin