Good for you for checking!  I was prepared for you to say the white pills
were the generic of the Zocor, which has happened to us--the appearance is
different and that's the reason---but never a different drug.
Thanks for the reminder to always question and irregularity.....

>Last night I was setting up my mothers pill box for the week and grabbed
>for the new bottle of Zocor (cholesteral drug <sp?>) and noticed that
>the pills were round and white as apposed to peach and triangular (sort
>of).  So I looked at the old Zocor pills and saw "ZOCOR" printed
>directly on the pills.  The new round white pills had "LANOXIN" printed
>on each and the pharmacy label said Zocor 20mg on the bottle.  After I
>got home I hopped on the web and did a search to find that Lanoxin is a
>heart drug.  Needless to say, this incident has terrified me!  Luckily,
>I caught the pharmacy's error and no harm was done.
>
>Has any one been through something like this?  I will be calling her
>doctors office and plan on stopping by the pharmacy after work tonight.
>I do not want to see something like this happen to anyone else.
>
>Kathy Barras cg mother (Florence 75/Sept 1997)
>Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "