Date:         Thu, 6 Feb 1997 20:17:03 -0500
From:         "Gail B. Post" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Fruit spread recipe for treating constipation
Comments: cc: [log in to unmask]

I am enclosing a recipe that my mother makes for my dad who has PD for
constipation. My mom says it is tasty as did a rehab doctor she shared
it with.  I know that constipation is an ongoing problem and this seems
like a good solution.  Hope it works for those who need it.

        Fruit Spread

        1 lb pitted prunes
        1 lb raisins
        3-4 oz pkg of Senna tea
        1 c brown sugar
        1 c lemon juice

Prepare tea with 3-1/2 c boiling water ans steep 5 min. Strain to remove
leaves and all ONLY 2 c tea to large pot.  Add fruit and boil together 5
min. Remove from heat and add sugar and lemon juice.  Use food processor
or blender to blend to a smooth paste.  Place in plastic or glass
containers and freez.  It does not freeze and keeps for a long time.
Use 1-2 T daily on crackers or toast.

--

Gail B. Post, RN,MS,CSN
Maryknoll Schools

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
a new voice http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/